Saturday, February 1, 2014

How do you Teach all of those Kids, I would go CRAZY!

QUESTION: "How do you teach all of those kids, I would go crazy!"

ANSWER: This is a common question I get all the time, especially from new parents that come into our academy. I always tell them that teaching kids, especially a Capoeira class that is generally supposed to be full of crazy energy, is much like directing a rushing river. I don't try to stop the water and make kids act like adults, because they can't, they are kids. So, I don't try to stop the water from rushing I just direct the energy in another direction. Same as directing the flow of water by using trenches, walls or runoffs. Also, teaching kids is a gift that not everyone has, but even if you do have it, you have to work at making it better. You also have to work at making classes run smoother, and eliminate bottlenecks in time and training, while keeping class FUN and relative. Lastly, you have to have a LOT of patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment