Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Capoeira Forca de Arte - Osaka, Japan - Batizado 2014

What an amazing weekend it was in Osaka, Japan! I recently attended the batizado for Forca de Arte under Contra Mestre Espeto in Osaka, Japan.

There were so many guests and teachers there it was marvelous. These included Mestre Marcelo of Capoeira Mandinga, the Capoeira master who motion captured Eddy Gordo's moves in the video game Tekken, and Contra Mestre Omi from New York.   Then there were a ton of teachers and individuals from around Japana as well.

During the batizado presentation I seen the best Samba band I have ever seen, and they were all kids. I was truly delighted by their precision, timing and the energy they gave off in the presence of some astounding guests, visitors and parents. The youth and adults also did Macule, Puxa de Rede, Coco, Samba, and then of course the best roda you could imagine. The energy coming out of all of the players in Japan was phenomenal.

Here Mestre Marcelo plays with Contra Mestre Espeto



Here Mestre Marcelo plays with Professor Neguinho



Thank you again to Contra Mestre Espeto for a great time in Osaka, Japan. I wish you another 20 years of playing and teaching!

I also have to say a special thank you to Mestre Marcelo for some great words of wisdom. He said, You are going to have some hard times in Capoeira (just like in life), where you will say to yourself maybe Capoeira is not for me, or maybe I should try something else, or someone with my body and abilities can't excel, but you have allow yourself to have hard times. Keep training through those hard times and your love for Capoeira will return, and when it does you will have appreciated going through those hard times.

Thank you Mestre.

The teachers who were present were Professor Neguinho, Mestre Marcelo, myself(Foguete), Contra Mestre Espeto, Contra Mestre Lua Cheia, Contra Mestre Omi, Professor Onca de Mao, Professor Falcao and Formado Cacapa.


No comments:

Post a Comment